Have you gotten caught up in the day-to-day business and pushed aside those things you wanted to focus on after the Leadership Coaching Workshop?
I know. It's so easy to let it all get away from you.
If you want to get on track for the new year, consider sharing what you want to accomplish with someone in your organization. Make a plan and work it.
Still need something else? Give me a call. I'm offering free Clarity Consults for your group where we can chat one on one, for 30 minutes about how Coaching can support you personally and professionally.
Here's the link to my calendar.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Until then, here's 10 things you can do to build trust with your team.
Top 10: Ways to Lead by Example
by Carlene Bauwens
Good leaders must lead by example. Through their actions, which are aligned with what they say, they become a person others want to follow. When leaders say one thing but do another, they erode trust, a critical element of productive leadership. Here are 10 of the dozens of ways to lead by example.
1. Take responsibility. Blame costs you your credibility, keeps team members on the defensive and ultimately sabotages real growth.
2. Be truthful. Inaccurate representation affects everyone. Show that honesty really IS the best policy.
3. Be courageous. Walk through fire (a crisis) first. Take calculated risks that demonstrate commitment to a larger purpose.
4. Acknowledge failure. It makes it OK for your team to do the same and defines failure as part of the process of becoming extraordinary.
5. Be persistent. Try, try again. Go over, under or around any hurdles to show that obstacles don’t define your company or team.
6. Create an environment free of judgment. Don’t dwell on problems; instead engage your team in brainstorming solutions.
7. Listen. Ask questions. Seek to understand. You’ll receive valuable insights and set a tone that encourages healthy dialogue.
8. Delegate liberally. Encourage an atmosphere in which people can focus on their core strengths.
9. Take care of yourself. Exercise, don’t overwork, take a break. A balanced team, mentally and physically, is a successful team. Model it, encourage it, support it!
10. Allow for playful moments. Pause from the day and be silly with your team. Fun is inspiring. Model play to make your team feel safe in playing too.